Today I am indulging in responding to Berry’s latest meme: “My Blogging Journey.”
- Which electronic devices do you use to blog with? I mainly use my desktop pc. I have blogged from my iPad before and didn’t care for it too much. I don’t mind the WordPress app though, I just prefer blogging from the comfort of home.
- Do you have a mission statement for your blog, if so, what is it? A mission statement? I had never considered an official mission statement. Being a business major in college I find the notion of a mission statement rather formal. I started this blog as a rather public online journal of my adventures in SL. Since becoming active in the SL fashion community I have refined the intentions of my blog with more of a fashion slant, but ultimately it is still a place for me to be who I am and share my thoughts on things with any who care to read. I have really enjoyed becoming a part of the virtual blogging community and seeing all the ways we as individuals express ourselves in writing, photography, styling, and design.
- How do you feel about blogs that use their platforms to spread negativity? I always cringe when I see negative posts and I certainly don’t seek them out. I think those whose sole purpose for blogging is to publicly shame or attack another are wrong. I understand there are instances where a blogger may blog in a negative way on account of some incident in which there was a wrong done, but that is still a very gray area for me that I generally try to avoid. I consider myself a positive person and I like for my blog to reflect that. Do I have moments where someone or something has irritated me? I certainly do. I however don’t see the benefit of taking to my blog to air out everything that irritates me.
- Are you a grammar junkie? Do you thoroughly check your blog for errors before posting and/or do you judge other people’s posts if they contain errors? I am an educator and teach children how to write, so YES I am a grammar junkie and read my post several times before clicking publish and then read it a few more times after that! As for the posts of others, a few mistakes here and there happen, a post full of them is a huge turn off for me. I won’t be able to continue reading a badly worded post because the errors will become overwhelmingly distracting for me.
- If you could switch blogs with another blogger who would it be? There are many blogs out there I am certainly envious of, but as for switching with someone? Not so much. I do my best and I aspire to be as good as several out there and only time and practice can get me there so I keep plugging on!
- Has your blog/blogging style evolved over the year(s)? How? I feel as though my blog has improved with time and can only continue to get better. My photos are worlds better thanks to Nariko Okawa, WrenNoir Cerise and VISIONAIRE. My styling has improved as I continue to explore and refine my fashion voice as a model. There is always something to learn and always ways to improve.
- What is the most extraordinary thing that has happened to you because of blogging? Due to my blogging here I have been able to transfer the skills and competencies I have learned here to my RL blogging. I still blog much more here than I do on the RL side of things, but that I primarily a time issue. I can only blog so much!
- When it comes to Second Life blogs, there are different styles: Fashion bloggers, Lifestyle & Travel bloggers, Informative bloggers, and more. Which style do you prefer and where do you feel your blog fits in? Since becoming a more regular blogger the majority of my posts have to do with fashion so that would make me a fashion blogger by default. I do write about other things from time to time so perhaps that allows me into the Lifestyle Blogger category on occasion. I have been in SL long enough to be informative, but so many out there do that much better than I could so I mainly stick to fashion blogging and sharing my thoughts on whatever strikes my fancy.
- What has blogging taught you? Blogging has taught me a new way to express myself. It has given me an outlet that I have long sought as a writer and aspiring photographer. It is a way for me to be creative that I enjoy very much.
- Share your top 3 tips for new bloggers. Read lots of blogs. Decide on your style and be original. Always be open to new experiences and information.
Thank you for reading!
“Not all those who wander are lost.”
~ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring