It has been far too long since I did one of Berry’s Memes. There are a few reasons for that. One I am very critical of my photo skills as they are not always the greatest, two I am not sure I always have something worth adding to the meme conversation, and three I have a wonderful collection of designers I blog for and they keep me plenty busy when RL isn’t already making that so!
Berry made a comment on her blog about people being glad she post memes. I am not always the most vocal when it comes to posting comments, but I really do value the memes (not to mention HER ENTIRE BLOG) too even though I don’t do them all. I like the way they make us think and the thoughtful posts they get from her readers. Maybe during my winter break I can catch up on some. Until then here goes Berry’s Winter Meme!
Meme Instructions: Take a wintery picture and/or answer the following questions about the season. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments and share your picture in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.
- What is the December/Winter season like where you live? – I live in Southern California, so much like Berry’s Florida, the temp here this time of year ranges from the 50s at the coldest and well up into the 80s. The wide range of temps is probably why I was sick this week. *laughs* I rather enjoy the cloudy days and bits of rain we get this time of year as well as the overall chill in the air that mild California winters bring.
- When you think of winter, what’s the first thing that pops into your head? – Big Bear. We go to Big Bear every winter to ski, snowboard, and tube. We do it more so for my son now, but being up in a cabin in Big Bear while it snows is just so magical.
- Have you ever played any extreme winter sports? – Extreme? Nah. I just do the usual as mentioned above. I am not too keen on the injuries “extreme” behaviors can bring.
- What do you like most about this season? – The cool temperatures, clouds, and rain. I love the summer because I get these wonderfully long breaks, but I HATE HEAT. I have said to my family many times I live here because they brought me here and I have set down roots so I am kinda stuck here. One day I will move out…likely to the Pacific Northwest. I went to college there and loved it.
- Do you celebrate Christmas, Hannukkah, Kwanzaa or another holiday during this time of year? – We celebrate Christmas here, but more in the general family sort of way, not an overly religious one. I enjoy the Thanksgiving/Christmas season for the way it brings family and friends together.
And for my wintery photo I will reuse my Face of Romance Couture entry taken by my lovely friend Nariko Okawa. I loved styling this for many reasons, one of which is that I was fully embracing the feel of the season. I don’t know what it is, but I am always a bit self conscious of my photos around Berry, though I am sure she doesn’t mean to make me feel that way. *chuckles*
“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.”
― Edith Sitwell