I am beginning to wonder if I am addicted to these things…
Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following 10 questions and answers into your post. Delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to link your post in this meme’s comments so everyone can read yours!
- First SL Friend: Clowey Greenwood. My original birth into SL was rather rough and disconcerting. After a few hours of flailing and not being able to escape the Portuguese newb sim SL dropped me in, I figured out the search feature and searched out the group that had told me about SL. I found it, joined it, and IMed “Help me” to the group. It was late at night and I figured no one would be around. Clowey was though! She threw me a lifeline, pulled me from the sim I was stuck on and gave me an Intro to SL crash course. I haven’t seen or heard from her in ages, but I will never forget her. 🙂
- First SL Kiss: Oh man I don’t even know…some random guy I am sure…lol
- First SLex time/place/partner: N/A
- First SL Partner/Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Wife/Husband: N/A
- First SL Job: Hostess at Phat Cats Jazz Club
- First SL Creation: Um…a prim…Yay I can rez a prim! What a nifty looking box! Seriously, I am no builder, I much prefer shopping. 🙂
- First Encounter with a Linden: I have encountered a few Lindens here and there. I am much like I am in RL when it comes to this…I see a famous person and I keep my distance. I don’t get star struck. I notice them and whisper (IM) madly to my friends about it. 🙂
- First Encounter with a SLebrity: I am not sure this counts as an “encounter” but I was thrilled to be able to interact with Charter Member Eve Cartier while writing an article on Malignance: Tales of Port Kar for the October 2012 AVENUE Magazine. Through my interview of her I was able to learn her story…she was the first female avatar on the grid…hence why she named herself Eve, and her story of evolution in building in Second Life was truly incredible.
- First SL Sim you fell in love with: The sim I ended up living on for a time, Kellimore. Not sure it is around anymore, but I loved living there and the Sim Managers were great.
- First SL Blog Post: Long since deleted! Seriously though, I didn’t start blogging until much later in my SL experience and only now have gotten comfortable enough with blogging to do it with any frequency.
And for added effect here is one of the very 1st photos of me from my inventory that illustrates the reason I called myself Silly:
me in 2007
The above isn’t even my 1st look…I was human at first…just no evidence of the first human versions of Silly. *chuckles*
I have had my blog a long time and used it in different ways. I have felt an increasing urge to make it more about Silly than any of my other avis as Silly is where I spend much of my SL time these days. So after spending a bit of time making it over I think I am pleased…Enjoy! 🙂
I have been missing out on all the Strawberry Monday Meme fun so I thought I would start attempting to catch up. This particular Meme stood out to me because of my own unusual avi name. 🙂
Meme intructions: Copy and paste the following 8 questions and answers to your blog post, delete my answers and input your own! Don’t forget to link your post in this meme’s comments so everyone can read yours!
- What’s your SL name? Silly Avro
- What made you choose this name? Silly is actually my 3rd avi. I made one for me and for my husband and had been reading a book about SL (because I read books on just about EVERYTHING I decide to do…I am a nerd like that) and realized I missed getting some freebies with a special code in the book! *GASP* So I just wanted to go in and make another avi real quick to see what I missed. Back in the day when you could choose a last name for yourself I chose whatever ‘A’ last name jumped out at me, and my first name was very nearly ‘Whatever’ because I really didn’t care, was just trying to rush thru the initial process to use this code I had to get something special in my inventory. I paused in the set up thinking Whatever Avro didn’t sound very nice. The next thing that popped into my head was ‘Silly’ because I am silly in RL on so many levels…like making a 3rd avi I felt I had no real need for just to enter a code I forgot about and get something for free that might be cool. You may be wondering what it was I was so eager to make a 3rd avi for…it was so lame I don’t even remember!! So this avi became one I pulled out from time to time to just be ‘silly.’ She was my explorer avi because my original avi had direct ties to my RL and I rather enjoy some anonymity in my explorations. So here I am now exploring the world of SL modeling as Silly Avro! 😀
- What’s your SL nickname, or what do most people call you? (if applicable) Most call me Silly and then chuckle. I think my modeling friends have a hard time calling me Silly so they call me by variations of my display name which end up being Pris or P.
- What’s your SL display name? Why do you choose to have one? (if applicable) Prisilla. I love it when people realize why I spelled it wrong! Prisilla is usually spelled Priscilla, but I left out the ‘c’ on purpose because my avi name is Silly. My friend Nariko realized it in such a cute way I wish I had profiled it. She called me Silly, then Prisilla then typed out something like “Oh! Prisill(y)!” and laughed. She got it! 😀 I swear I could see the light bulb over her avi’s head in that moment, it was so cute.
- Do you like your SL name? Yes!
- If you could change your SL name, what would it be? I wouldn’t. The responses I have gotten to my avi name have really made me smile. I had no idea it would affect people the way it does.
- What’s the craziest/funniest SL name you’ve ever seen? Gosh I wish I could remember some! I know I have seen some very cleaver ones as well as ones that are just too vulgar to type out! They make me chuckle none the less!
- What’s the coolest (your favorite) SL name you’ve ever seen? Another memory lapse on my part…I should start writing these things down…lol
Being new to the modeling world of SL, I have been cautioned against sharing any information regarding my specific look. That aside I can still participate in this meme! 😀
Proportions Challenge Questions:
- Do you try and keep your avatar’s body proportionate and similar to the “average” proportions pictured above? – Nope. Well not on this avatar. This one’s proportion are pushed to glamazon extremes so that I can compete in the SL Fashionscape. My other avatars I have used in role play and I prefer to make their proportions as realistic as possible. But it wasn’t until I got into modeling that I got much more comfortable with modifying my shapes.
- What do you dislike the most about the SL avatar mesh? – I LOVE mesh. Still not sold on the hands, and don’t want any mesh boobies. Oh and mesh heads scare me. Have you seen those things rezzing?? Eeeeesh *shudders* I also hate the way the SL lighting hits the avatar vs mesh parts. I wish that could be remedied.
- Does it bother you when you see other avatars that are not proportionate at all? – Nope. I feel a person’s avatar is their personal expression of who they are. Doesn’t matter if I like it or not. To each their own.
- Even though this is a virtual world and people can be anything they want to be, do you feel when they are in human form, they should try to keep their proportions close to average? Absolutely not. See #3. 😉
Thanks for another fun meme Strawberry!
PS – Manberry is HOT! 😉
Monday Meme Instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your blog post, delete my answers and input your own. Remember to leave your link in this meme’s comments so we can all come by, read your answers and secretly judge you.
- Which was the last sim you visited? (Other than your home) Baja Norte (Salt Water)
- Does your avatar look like the real you? If I was a super tall skinny model sure!
- Do you wear underwear/panties underneath your clothing when out and about on the grid? Nope, unless the outfit calls for it or its a lingerie shoot.
- If you won a million linden dollars, what would be the first thing you buy inworld? No clue. I shop too much as it is! I would likely save it and use it to pay for my tier on my homestead. 🙂
- Have you ever bought something in SL and then realized afterwards that you had already owned it from before? Um does buying the same thing over and over on my alts count? If so, then YES.
- Have you ever done anything in Second Life that would be considered illegal in real life? Um yes, no comment. 😉
- If you could go out on a date with any other avatar, who would it be? Oh gosh…um…no dates for me!
- Who, in your opinion, was the greatest avatar to ever slive? I have known so many great avatars, it is impossible to name just one. 😉
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done inworld? I am sure I have done a number of things over time..I have been in SL for over 5 years and I am no saint or perfect…but I think I have blocked all the embarrassing moments from my mind.
- If your avatar had a mind of its own, what do you think it would say to you? “So you made me on a whim eh? Didn’t think I was worth anything eh? Bet you are glad to have me now!”